- Bryan Navarro lays out the evolving story in real time, glued to TV and his Twitter feed.
- Former GUTV colleague Nate Coombs, on Facebook: "
Fellow journalists, it's not our job to judge these Penn State students. Their discontent & gatherings are just another layer to this story."
I'm sorry, but I can't be objective about this. Those students crossed the line by flipping that news van and putting reporters and photogs in danger.
Here's another angle, as students chant "flip it!"
It makes me sick, not to mention scared for the well being of my colleagues. I hope everyone involved gets thrown in jail. They attacked the media and put lives at risk. Don't tell me to be impartial about it.
- Ken Tremendous of Fire Joe Morgan - 10:59 p.m.: "You know why these PSU students are protesting Paterno's firing? None of them have kids. If they had kids, they'd have run him out of town."
- Chris Leone - 9:56 p.m: "Has Mike McQueary been fired too? No one's said anything about it."
- Bryan Navarro - 9:44 p.m.: "You say, "We are Penn State." Who is Penn State?"
- Lindsay Joy, reporter for KTWO in Casper, WY - 9:17 p.m. (moments after seeing picture of flipped news van): "This hits home."
- Jim Rome - 9:15 p.m.: "Students reportedly standing on top of an overturned news van yelling "We want Joe." They're more out of touch than Joe is."
- Geoff Ziemer of The Sports Trap - 8:28 p.m.: "OMG, this might get outta control."
- I credit Julian Olivas for coming up with the hashtag #JoePacolypse
- And Ashton Kutcher goes completely bonkers, gets skewered on Twitter.